NFYFC has policy and procedures in place to help clubs and counties protect members and volunteers.
NFYFC worked with the NSPCC, county federations and the safeguarding working group to review its safeguarding policy.
The NFYFC safeguarding policy includes:
- The NFYFC policy statement on safeguarding which summarises our duty of care to our members as a youth organisation and the legislation that the policy is derived from.
- Recruitment procedures for all new staff and volunteers including references and application forms.
- Guidance on who requires a DBS check, where to access them and how to store and record them.
- Reporting procedures: Managing allegations, information on dealing with complaints, whistle-blowing and confidentiality procedures.
- Health and safety: Using risk assessments, parental and photographic consent forms.
- Templates to help implement the policy.
For a copy of the NFYFC Safeguarding Policy, contact the County Administrator email: email@example.com
For any safeguarding issues contact
Contact the County Administrator email: firstname.lastname@example.org
More information can by found on the NFYFC website http://www.nfyfc.org.uk/safeguarding