Chris Cook, Chief Executive Officer of Sussex Clubs for Young People is the Sussex Federation of Young Farmer’s Clubs Designated Safeguarding Officer.
NFYFC has policy and procedures in place to help clubs and counties protect members and volunteers.
NFYFC worked with the NSPCC, county federations and the safeguarding working group to review its safeguarding policy in 2010 and this was adopted by the NFYFC council in October 2010 for implementation by the federation by 30 April 2011.
The NFYFC safeguarding policy includes:
- The NFYFC policy statement on safeguarding which summarises our duty of care to our members as a youth organisation and the legislation that the policy is derived from.
- Recruitment procedures for all new staff and volunteers including references and application forms.
- Guidance on who requires a CRB check, where to access them and how to store and record them.
- Reporting procedures: Managing allegations, information on dealing with complaints, whistle-blowing and confidentiality procedures.
- Health and safety: Using risk assessments, parental and photographic consent forms.
- Templates to help implement the policy.
For a copy of the NFYFC Safeguarding Policy, contact the County Administrator email: email@example.com
For any safeguarding issues contact Chris Cook email firstname.lastname@example.org out of hours phone number 01273 420855. Please note this is not an emergency number and Chris will aim to respond within 24 hours and would prefer contact by email.
More information can by found on the NFYFC website http://www.nfyfc.org.uk/safeguarding